Sunday, May 29, 2005

Don't knit and talk on the phone...DISASTER

This is the chair that I picked up at Value Village yesterday for $9.... right now as you can see, I am using it as a desk. It is not a pretty match with the carpet but I figure if you are using a cardboard box for a doormat (like I am) then you really are not concerned with matching furniture.

Below is the front of Sam's tank.... yesterday's blog showed about 3/4 of the tank finished but today I noticed that I had made a huge mistake half way down the front and the whole damn thing had to be ripped out. I think an experienced knitter could have saved something but with the yarn overs and slipped stitches I didnt have a clue...so out it came.
I made a trip out to my LYS and got another skein of yarn for the tank and got some much needed help on understanding the pattern... I was so excited to get home to continue knitting and that was when I discovered the mistake... poor Sri hid in the other room because I was pitching such a fit....Ruby weathered the storm.

I am going to restart the front of the tank but not until extreme makeover home edition is over... I want to be able to knit without tears tonight

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on the new job!!!! You must be so happy!!

4:39 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sis I like little story you write, the story so funny


luv jus

8:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just wondering if you ever sleep. Between knitting blogging and working and of course my favorite value village ,when do you relax? Miss you very much. work is not as much fun except when Jaquiline is about. I hardly get to see Sherry at work.I think of you when i go second hand shopping and will look for the "right thing"for your apartment. Linda I love the bone pic.

11:24 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< Purling Puppy Webring! >>