Wednesday, May 18, 2005

MOVING DAY

It is 2:00am and I am wide awake. I made the only too common mistake of drinking an ice cold pop about 10 minutes before I wanted to go to bed and now I have restless legs and my tossing and turning has made the bottom sheet come off the bed...so I thought I would catch up on my blog.
Still no pictures and Still no knitting....of course I have pictures but no cable to put them into the computer (Im sure there is a fancy name for it) and I do have knitting but just havent had the time to get to it. On a positive note, we did move our belongings into our apartment today (which I refer to as Emerald City because of the horrid green carpet throughout)....we wont actually be moving in until Friday... that is also the day the welcome wagon comes by to drop off my welcome basket. That means 2 more days of posh living and daily linen changes. What were we thinking???...despite constant pleas from my mother, Sri and I did not bring a bed with us when we MOVED ACROSS THE COUNTRY... for some insane reason we thought we would spend the next year sleeping on an air mattress. Well today was the day that we realized that we actually needed to buy a bed so against my better judgement off to IKEA we went. I would have much rather piece together a bedroom from Value Village but god only knows how long that would have taken. We are now the not so proud owners of an ikea BEDROOM SET... bed, mattress, two side tables and a bureau (dresser for those less classy readers). Can you even imagine how long all that crap is going to take to put together. I will bet that we only get the bed together and that in one year when we are packing to leave we will just put the still unassembled side tables and dresser in their boxes right into the trailor...well that will be easy packing.
My next blog will have pictures and exciting adventures........well I promise pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< Purling Puppy Webring! >>