Thursday, May 26, 2005

An inspiration

Well I got what I asked for... an expensive yarn shop, actually knit cafe called Knit One, Chat too where I picked up some rowan summer tweed (70% silk) for a tank for Sam...and of course I had to buy the rosewood needles to knit it up with class. I'm hoping that the pattern is accurate because after I purchased all this stuff (with a lot of help from the staff) they revealed to me that Rebecca patterns are often wrong "but if you are an experienced knitter you will be able to figure it out"....well I dont think that would include me!!

Here is a closer look at the yarn...pink with flecks of blue and white and darker pink (im sure there are much fancier names for these colours). Sam wanted brown but I couldnt find any cute browns and I think the pink will look really cute with her tan (from the sun...not the booth).

The middle tank is the one I am making... if it works out there is a really cute knit lace skirt that would look really cute. I hope that she likes it....

I would like to thank the person that commented that I should make a pair of socks with the hemp yarn....it would be horribly uncomfortable but I think I will make them for Rick...just to teach him a lesson.....DONT BE GREEDY WITH THE HIKING SOCKS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< Purling Puppy Webring! >>