Saturday, November 12, 2005

Absentee Landlady

I know I have been totally neglecting this delightful blog since I have moved to Calgary... its not that I have been too busy...its just that I have been way too lazy to document the fact that I am way too lazy . I have however had time to visit the psychic fair that rolled through town... I have a feeling that they rolled in and out on the Greyhound. Chelsey, Mary and I went after work one day...the fair (if you could call it that) was being held in this tiny conference type room at a hotel in town. I must say that I really wasnt expecting the steep prices for readings but we were able to talk one particular psychic down from $125 to $60. Marlana Christiana was her name and she was hilarious. She claimed that I am the Earth Angel. I have no clue what the hell that means and quite frankly I dont think she did either. She read my palm, numerology, tarot and angel cards...she actually was pretty good after I got over the earth angel crap.

This picture of Ruby was taken on her first birthday (Oct 24th)... I know that she looks like a hell dog in the pic but really she was just barking at me. They gave her that bandana at daycare for her birthday..... in real life she actually looked pretty cute.

Beware...KNITTING CONTENT... just in case you forgot that I actuall did knit I thought it best to warn you.
Here is the back of the vest that I am making for my mom for Christmas... it is from Vogue International Fall (V-Neck vest). It is knit is slip stitch pattern which is really easy but tedious becuase it is a lot of moving the yarn back and forth. I really must learn to knit continental to make things easier for myself. I am on a tight schedule with the Christmas gifts what with all the stuff I still have to do for the wedding (which I dont even want to think about). I know that the picture does not really show my craftsmanship but I can't be perfect at absolutely everything ( I suck at taking pictures obviously).

My finished Christmas gifts. YOu will notice that there are quite a few pairs of socks. I just finished a class at KNit ONe Chat too...a toe up class... I am converted to toe up forever. I really hope that Rick likes them because that is the way I am knitting them from now on...END OF STORY.

I promise that I will update this blog more frequently, so for those dedicated readers don't despair I will be brightening up your life more often from now on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Earth Angel
so nice to see you knitting again..and a full basket for Christmas. Now how do you have time for that when youhave to get ready for the wedding!!Can hardly wait for that. You are going to look great.Thanks for blogging.Us retirees get lonesome.

2:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< Purling Puppy Webring! >>