Friday, January 21, 2005

Gifts

I'm totally depressed because I have not yet had the chance to begin any of the projects that I have been hoping to get started on for myself because
1. I have been working ++ and like I mentioned before...it is really getting in the way of things
2. I have unfinished Christmas gifts that still need giving (this is the major reason) ** specifically the socks that I am re-knitting for Rick since the first pair that I knit for him in August seem to have disappeared into thin air
3. I have spent a lot of my out-of-work time unsuccessfully puppy training.... I have been trying to get Ruby to lay down ...I was a bit distraught that she couldn't do it since Quinci (my mom's schnoodle) was laying down on command after the first puppy class. During the class yesterday I was staring around at the other dogs and noticed that Ruby is VERY ADVANCED and I also noticed that I think that Ruby thinks that she is a person... she was snubbing the other dogs ** I was proud and concerned at the same time**

I am hoping to have a pic of some very exciting project for my next post but I fear that it will be just another boring pic of 5" of ribbing in grey Classic Patons wool for the second sock of the second set (SSOTSS) for Rick.

Thank you so much for the comment on the pink wool (whoever sent it.... I am suspecting Brian or Helen). I think I will knit a dog sweater with it but there are a few small issues
1. Ruby is still growing and by the time she gets to be closer to her grown up size it will be too warm for a sweater
2. I just made Quinci a sweater for Christmas and she hates the damn thing
3. That wool is approx $25 a ball (that is really spoiling a dog that will probably only pee on the thing)
4. I cant find a really cute dog sweater pattern.... of course that uses chunky wool because I am not that skilled at recalculating gauge and needle size and all of that crap.

I have quite a few birthdays coming up that I have to start thinking about.
I am thinking about making the little tea set from the spring 2004 Interweave KNits for my little Julia (goddaughter).......it looks complicated but I think that if I picked cute colours it would look really nice.




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No this is not who you think. It is someone who is watching your progress,more with your little girl than knitting but I do enjoy your projects,maybe because I admire your abilities so much. Poor Ruby! She probably got herself into something.Quincy just hasnt developed her fashion sense yet. Send her to Jacquelines house for a few days, that will do it.I'll keep my eye out for some good pattterns in the meantime.

8:55 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S.
You need more sleep.

8:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< Purling Puppy Webring! >>